Monday, May 16, 2011

Disappointed

I was so Disappointed today.

I had high expectations of all my CIS 120 students.

I was eager to see the creative ways in which the designed their instructional manual.

It was due last week. Do you remember?

Yes, I had extended the date, TWICE, in an effort to assist due to other projects and expo and a whole lot of excuses that I bought into.

I made it clear that I would extend the date but that expected it to be handed in at exam time and done exceptionally well too.

Yet, SADLY a few students disappointed me. These are the excuses I got:

***"I tried printing this morning and ran out of ink."

***"I tired p-printing it this morning but Angelus was not opened yet."

***"I tried printing it this morning but the man across the street did not know hoe to do it."

***"I tried printing it this morning and my computer crashed."

***"I can print it and hand it to you later but I'm done I can show you."

***"My excuse is the same as hers."

Students, I try to teach you to be professional. I try to practice patience and understanding with all of you. But I expect you to be responsible and submit my assignments on time and well done.

Come on...if I extended your due date, you should be prepared. I did not give you extra time to waste.

I am sorry but that is my position on this matter.

Like I always tell you in life you have choices, for which there are consequences, chose wisely and only after you are sure that you can handle the consequences.

INT 211, both sections your turn is Friday at 8:00 am don't let me have to repeat this speech to you too! After all you are second years and you know I will not take your late project.

Please note also that it was not all bad. Like I said a few students did not meet my expectations or class requirements, many did though and exceptionally well. To all those, you know who you are, I am proud of you for a job well done!! Keep it up, you will go far and reap the benefits of all your hard work and sacrifice. It might not seem so now, but persevere and you will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment