Thursday, October 28, 2010

Important update for this week!!

Good Morning everyone.

I hope you were all safe during Richard. I know many of you suffered losses material and otherwise. We must all still be grateful for the fact that we are alive.

I am. My family and I was at home when Richard came. I felt that my house was strong enough to withstand a Category one hurricane so I did the normal preparation in terms of food and removing stuff from the floors and place them four feet off the ground. Well That did not work!! The water rose in excess of six feet in my home I found myself holding my younger son up,as he stood on a table that was on my submerged sofa, hoping that help would arrive in time and we would not all die inside my home.

Luckily about twelve help arrived and we were rescued. I lost everything I had in my home and my truck as the yard itself came under about 8 feet of water. I am glad to be alive and I am doing my best to not go crazy. True, it's hard. I do have some good news. The extend of the damage will not affect you and your classes other that my absence today... because luckily your grades were all online...yea as for any outstanding papers well they are all gone so we will need to get a fresh start, but we will discuss that when I return to classes on Monday.

Take care and appreciate life.
Really be all that you can be when you can.. your time is NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my miss... I feel terribly sorry for your loss. I really hope everything does turn out well for you and your family. I just can't believe that happened. Please take care miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is horrible :S i am so sorry to hear what happened... i am glad however you sound pretty possitive.. glad you and your family are okay :)

    ReplyDelete