Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Housekeeping

I must take some time out to address some disturbing news.

I was informed by the Dean that she received a report from the IT Director claiming that students are eating in the computer lab and apparently are being encouraged/allowed to do so by the teachers."

Needless to say I am astonished at this allegation and out rightly state that in my case, this is a false statement. Never have I knowingly allowed any student in my class or otherwise to eat in the lab during my presence. Of course I can only speak for myself and for the times I am present in the lab.

You all can attest to the fact that I would not tolerate nor condone such behavior.

Obviously my actions are not enough to stamp out this unwanted behavior altogether.

Hence I seek your support in the following..

1. Continue to adhere to our policies in relation our lab rules.
Especially when in another teachers class or if no classes are in session and you are in the computer lab.

2. If you are in the presence of someone who is eating in the lab or doing anything that is contrary to my expectations and requirements, please be mature and responsible and let them know that this is unacceptable behavior.

I will be posting a reminder/copy of all the lab rules so that if you are ever put in a position and do not know how to address the matter, simply refer to my blog, bring up the list of rules and point it out to the offender. It may be easier that way.

I will also be posting a copy of the rules on the bulletin board in the lab and around campus to make everyone aware of the expectations when in the lab and that it is a commitment they agreed to when seeking lab access.

Please let us work together to ensure that we get the most out of our equipment and time spent in the computer lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment